Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I got INTO A GALLERY IN SALADO TEXAS!!!

Oh my goodness.  I am so excited to share the news.  I have been invited to join Griffith Fine Art Gallery in Salado Texas.  Here is the thing.  It is not just any old gallery.....no sir.  This is the big league.  This is "The Show".  This is the hub for all of the serious collectors in Texas.  Right down the street you will see a sign that says Guy Harvey and a little further down you will see a sign that says" Thomas Kinkade. "    It is kind of a big deal.  Kay Griffith is the owner and has been invited to THE SHOW just recently.  Her abstracts have been chosen by the top art gallery in New York and she will have an event and reception there in May. Crystal Orlando is another artist in the group who the magazines are saying "Is in the top ten young artists to watch" category.   I feel very honored to be part of such an amazing group of artists.   There was an energy that was quite intoxicating  as we all sat around chatting and getting to know one another.  I believe we will achieve great things together....and somehow feel like we will have the last laugh so to speak. 
Here are three of the six paintings Kay decided to take on.   Kay has them priced at 1550.00 each.  I may have stepped up a bit this weekend...LOL. 

.
The Salado Wildflower Art Show.  What can I tell you?  hmmmmmm.  NEVER SIGH UP for this one.  On a scale of one to ten stars... I give it NEGATIVE THIRTY SEVEN STARS.  The promoter did not even stay for the second day. They only had 29 booths.   They did not advertise or something because the people did not come.  They charged me a jury fee, and the guy next to me was selling  SALSA....how in the hell do you jury salsa?  They also let the library set up two tents over.  I don't know about you, but if I think I am going to an ART SHOW... I am thinking I am going to see some art and this was a flea market at best, which may be why everyone stayed home.    I didn't sell a thing at the show.  I did however get tracked down by a gal who saw me on the first day and she had to take two paintings home with her from the parking lot of my hotel.  ... so I didn't get skunked..lol.
 
My next show is in Springfield Mo the first weekend of May.  Plenty of time to just keep painting and get the new hush hush "Art Cave"  location rolling and broke in the way I want it.  Yes...I did say new location.  teehee.  That is all the info I have for now. 
 
Happy Creating!!!
Love Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment