Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day One




Well, if the title doesn't give it away, I will.  We have been busy as usual here at the gallery.  Melinda and I had a weeks worth of Summer Camp with kids ages 3.5 - 14 last week.  I have tons of pics to post on here in the next few days as I can.  We also got visited by The Best Of Missouri Hands Group who invited and then insisted that Melinda and I join in their fun.  Flattering really.  They came to visit during the camp...LOL... kids EVERYWHERE... ART even more EVERYWHERE....and they still asked us to join.
Here is half of them painting on Day one.  We were just getting warmed up
We hired Lucas to help us teach.  My My My...

AJ getting here painting underway
Tanner, he was so much fun this week.  Glad that he will
coming to Young Picasso's classes this fall and winter
I have also been invited to apply to anther group that is all about painting daily.  They are a huuuuge blogging group that sells tons of art.  They want to know about my art travels and my art shows etc and they want me to blog daily and paint daily and post it with them.  I have agreed to give it a shot.....I KNOW YOU ARE ROLLING YOUR EYES....LOL..  MEEEE.   blog DAILY... and not be foul.... hmmmm.... may take some practice.... hints the title of the this post.  I will name each one from here on out accordingly to keep track that I really am doing it and it will have less to do with entertaining you fellow artists, and all to do with producing new art each and every day.  I am up to the challenge and hope it works in my favor.

Our booth at the Missouri wine Festival.

Kelly Harvey and her clan buying wine.
Dr. Carla decided to take this one home with her. 
I love my collectors.  TEEHEEE!!



Our beautiful Elms Lawn. 
 It truly is the perfect setting for the Wine Festival

The Wine Festival was Saturday.....two words... FUUUUU   UUUUUNNNNN!!!!   OMGOODNESS did we drink some wine.  I also picked up two more wineries to paint at this fall and winter and sold art to some beautiful people.  We had a ball and I am pretty sure Kiko bought 4 or five cases of wine that will put us ahead of the game come Sept 1st when the full schedule of the gallery picks up and takes off again. 








I LOVE this painting
Ahhhhh and then there is Aspen. The clock is ticking... and I am not finished with the series as of yet.  APPARENTLY... our MOTTO here is WHY DO NOW what you can put off until the LAST FREAKIN MINUTE!!!!  LOL  I don't have any of these tagged, or named.  I was thinking it would be easier to call every painting from here on out... "Name It Your Damn Self I"  , " Name It Your Damn Self II", Name It Your Damn Self III"  but my marketing rep that has been hired to take us to the next level, the lovely and talented Jen says NO.  She says NO about a lot of things...my swearing for one on here... so if you are bored with the new format of the blog, I will give you her email addy and you can complain to her about the K.R. vanilla style LMAO!!! 

 I seriously have 72 hours to do 5 paintings, and one of them is a MARLIN .   I am pissing blood with nerves over this one really.  I don't feel ready for it, although I think I always do this.  My honey and I leave Thursday at 4 am and will make our way to beautiful Colorado.  I hope I get at least one day to drink it alllll in.  I have been told it is absolutely beautiful this time of the year.  I have been paintings almost every day to get ready for this trip.  Hoping to sell out, but then aren't we all. 

Ya, this wall is NOT DONE!!
This one IS done!! 
WHOOOHOOOO!!!

I have ONE PAINTING to do this afternoon and then I am going home to take a nappy until 6 am tomorrow morning..... Take a break yourself today.  I has been a long HOT CRAZY WEEK!!!

Happy CREATING!!

LOVE KATHLEEN

No comments:

Post a Comment